Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome, relatively, New Freedom Designer >> Foundlings

Foundlings is a treasure trove of unique vintage inspired designs specially 
handcrafted with the trend-setting green shopper in mind.


"I began my fashion journey 10 years ago after completing my studies in Creative Fashion Design at George Brown College in Toronto.  I got my start in the costume design world as a sewer for Mirvish Production's “Mamma Mia” and went on to work as a pattern cutter for a local designer. In 2000, my papier mache Archie comics dress and stole made from gutted teddy bears was selected as a finalist in the Wearable Art category at the REVAMP fashion show, hosted by the Recycling Council of Ontario.  It was here that my interest in re-purposing materials began.  In February 2010, I officially launched my own line of vintage inspired women's clothing, Foundlings.  Many pieces in the collection are crafted  from vintage and upcycled fabrics and supplies." writes Hannah Richardson.


The Foundlings collection is available at Freedom Clothing Collective
and Mari Cla Ro in Toronto, as well as RareFunk in Kitchener.